Some Important Safety Tips To Remember When You Plan To Rent Out Your Apartment
Safety is one of the key factors to be considered in every aspect of your life. But here we are going to talk about the safety of tenants who are going to live in your apartment. It is totally your responsibility to make sure that they are safe and are not exposed to any kind of risk and health hazards. Because if anything happens to them, then you will be questioned and will be termed responsible for.
It is very important that you, as an occupant, spend a good amount of money to be compliant with the safety regulations and get all the certifications that are required to prove this. On the other hand, your insurance company will also not entertain you, if you have not followed what is required by the law of that country.
If you are one of them who wants to rent out your apartments, then you need to try the Belair Property. They deal with both selling and letting in Malta apartments and make sure everything is done as per the laws. You can check their website for more details.
Tips to Rent out your apartments safely:
- Asbestos was the most common material which was used earlier for constructing a building. The walls, roof, and insulation were earlier made with asbestos. But later after the year 2000, asbestos was banned to be used as it is a toxic and carcinogenic material and can lead to permanent lung damage. So, make sure your building has not used this material while constructing it.
- Mould and dampness are a huge problem here in Malta. People with asthma, infants, or even elderly people can suffer due to this. So, make sure this is not happening in your house as an owner can be found guilty in such cases. Also, you have to make sure that your tenants keep the house in a good condition by wiping away such moulds and dampness and making sure that the house is getting good ventilation.
- Having a good water supply is very important when it comes to sanitization and maintaining good hygiene. A person might fall sick if he doesn’t get a good water supply. Thus, it is your responsibility as a landlord to make sure that the water supply sanitization is in good order. Also, make sure that you repair any leaks to avoid any further problems.
- Gas safety is a very critical matter. As a landlord, you need to make sure that all the appliances are working in the good condition and their annual maintenance is done in time. You can give them the compliance certificate once you have signed the agreement.
- Electrical safety is another critical one to be checked upon. You have to make sure that you have your full property inspected and get the compliance certificate before you give your apartment on rent.
- Fire safety is another important thing. You have to make sure that all the furniture or other items of the house are made from fire-resistant material to abide by the fire-safety law of your country.
Apart from all this, you need to make sure that your house is in good condition before you hand it over to a tenant.