Polyethylene Terephthalate Containers and Bottles are Eco-Friendly and Safe Products
In the US, millions of plastic bags are disposed of in a day. The plastic is made of cheap quality materials that cannot be recycled. Therefore, they end up in the landfill. They also float in the air and end up in water, which is consumed by aquatic animals and eventually they die.
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is represented as the best-recycled material and it is considered safe for usage. Whether you drink from it or store food in it, PET is a thermoplastic polymer resin that does not contain polyethylene. PET plastic is used for non-food bottles, fibers for clothing bags, sleeping bags, and transparent carbonated drinking bottles.
Custom Earth Promos is an environmentally friendly marketing company that specializes in custom printed bags. The company was founded in 2009 and its mission is to produce products that leave less carbon footprint. Initially, the business started with reusable bags, but now they have expanded their business from reusable water bottles, lanyards to pens, straws, jotters, etc. You can use their products blindly and contribute to saving the earth.
What is PET?
Polyethylene terephthalate is a molecular structure of ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid. To better understand, it is the most common type of plastic resin. The manufacturers extract natural gas and crude oil from the Earth and then process them with heat to form a liquid. This liquid is spun into fibers to create polyester fabric. These polyester fabrics are solidified to create PET plastic containers, bottles, bags, tubes, etc.
rPET: Collection, Sorting, and Processing
- There is a shortage of PET, therefore recycling programs are set up in different communities in every country. There are recycling banks, recycling drives, and various education programs that are provided to promote recycling.
- Pet is collected through these programs and taken to the recycling center of the material recovery center.
- PET is assorted from various other materials and is sent to a specific PET recycling facility.
- These facilities handle PET material with care so that it is not contaminated and is 100% safe to use after molding. Thus, all recycling facilities have to follow Federal regulations.
- Once PET containers and bottles reach the recycling facility, they are washed properly and their labels are removed with the help of steam and various chemicals.
- Then they are placed into a conveyor from where it is taken through a bail braker and all the plastic material is melted. If by chance, any PVC bottle mixes with PET bottles, they will turn slightly brown during the pre-wash stage, which helps in extracting them immediately.
- Then the flakes process is used to completely purify the material, which can be turned into rPET.
- Once all the extraction and contamination process is completed the PET material is dried and the fabric is sent to another facility for manufacturing.
- The material is further purified in the manufacturing facility through melting and filtering. This ensures that the rPET product being used by a consumer is 100% pure and safe.
PET is the best recyclable plastic. Nowadays, manufacturers are switching to PET containers and PET bottles to leave a lesser carbon footprint, which is a great way of saving Earth.